Ellis in Wonderland
“Tim Ellis is one of the most versatile thinkers in magic. Your lecture notes were among the BEST I’ve ever read.” – Jeff Hobson
At over 70 pages this ebook is filled with photos and illustrations and is based on the hugely popular lecture and hit DVD of the same name. The entire contents of these notes are also included in the book Timeless Magic.
These notes feature detailed teaching of a dozen great tricks:
– Swallow six sharp blades, each one cuts paper and immediately goes into your mouth, no switching, and then bring them all out again threaded on a piece of string. Tim’s method for this classic trick is diabolical AND practical!
“Tim’s Ultimate Blades is an excellent method.” – Magic Magazine
“…your work on the blades… great stuff, and by far the best routine I’ve ever seen.” – Jeff McBride
Credit Card Fax
– The photo on your credit card vanishes and reappears on the spectator’s credit card! But now you, in the photo, are holding their selected card! Astonishing and original close up that leaves the spectator with a great souvenir.
– How to make a candle appear lit.
– How to take a flame from a candle in your bare hand then return it.
– Your new favourite card trick! Possibly the most commercial card trick ever created. The spectator names any card from a face up spread (4H for example). On the back of the card is written “I knew you would choose the four of hearts”.
– Name Deckstress. On the back of the card is written “I knew you would choose the four of hearts David”.
– Corporate Deckstress. On the back of the card is written “Xerox knew you would choose the four of hearts”.
– A great piece of bizarre magic perfect for Halloween, haunted houses or seance effects. It uses spirit slates and two decks of cards to create one of the eeriest climaxes to an effect you’ve ever seen.
7 Keys to Paradise
– Finally a practical method for the class ‘7 Keys to Baldpate’ plot. Absolutely foolproof with no gimmicked locks or electronics required. Plus you’ll also get some great presentational ideas AND the truth behind the name ‘Baldpate’.
– A totally ‘hands off’ card trick where the magician never touches the card, yet a card chosen by the spectator, in a deck shuffled and cut by the spectator, is FOUND by the spectator! You’ll hate the method (it’s too easy!) but you’ll love doing this trick!
– Mr Wizard gets an update. A two person telephone code that uses no codes! You can perform this IMMEDIATELY with electronics you already own. Imagine walking into a room, handing someone a business card with a phone number on it, asking them to choose or name ANY card then phone the number. The person on the other end of the line tells them what their card is – and more!
Cash to Credit Card
– Borrow a bill or three, fold them up and they instantly become a credit card! Can even be done in reverse. Great visual magic!
Bill to Anything
– Tim’s solution to another classic plot. A bill is borrowed, signed, the serial number noted, THEN cut in quarters in full view of the spectators with no switching of pieces. They can see their signature and the correct serial number on the cut bill. Finally, three quarters are burned then found restored inside ANYTHING! Yes, the remaining quarter kept by the spectator fits!
– A Shakespearean patter for the Jumbo Three Card Monte. A beautiful piece for medieval fairs and evenings of classic magic.
PLUS Bonus articles:
• What if magicians were like…? (Humour)
• D’News (Humour)
• Magical Glossary (Humour)
• Thumbtip Tips
– Three great ways to end clean.
BONUS features on:
• Strolling Magic Openings
– Great ideas that you can use to break into any group with your close up magic. Practical, commercial, and proven methods you’ll use straight away.
• Floorshow Tips
– Commercial advice on everything you could possibly want to know about performing a floorshow in virtually any venue. From Lighting, Sound, Video use, Dance Floors, Stages, Dressing Rooms etc. Drawn from over 35 years of experience.
• Magic Magazine Editorial by Tim Ellis – Magic vs the WWE.
• Original Patter for the Tim Card Poker Deal by Rolando Santos